Saturday, October 9, 2010

A day full of challenges

Today is my sister's birthday. Hooray, big sister! ^_^

She and my mom and I are about to head out to get pedicures (because my sister is definitely, unquestionably a girly girl), so I don't quite have time for a full post about all the reasons I'm apprehensive about today. I'll get to that later, probably after the fact, and break it all down for you. For now, I'll just mention my goals for today:

  1. When shopping for clothes (I seriously need a new bra, if nothing else), I will not say things like, "I don't have the legs for that dress" or "My arms don't look good in this top." If something does not fit, or does not flatter me, I will instead say, "That dress does not flatter my legs" or "This top is not right for my arms." It's something I need to be better at: shifting the blame away from my body and onto the real issue, which is clothing that was not specifically designed with me in mind.
  2. I will not assume that just because my sister and her friends look hot (which I'm certain they will), and I do not look like them, that I am therefore not hot, myself. I will remind myself that there are all different kinds of pretty in the world, and that damn it, I am one of them.
  3. I will not drink so much that I can not drive us home after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment